General Acct Info - Create a New User
Dealership staff must be added as Users in Xtime before they can access the system.
To add a new user:
- Go to Configure > Dealership > User Management.
- Click Search to expand Search field.
- Type into any of the search fields.
- Click Search.
- If the User exists, click the User Name to display the User’s profile.
- If the User does not display in the Search Results, click Add to display Add New User.
- The required fields must be completed.
- Enter the other fields as requested/necessary. See User Details for information on the different fields.
- Click Next.
- The Roles tab will appear automatically.
You must select at least one Role (e.g., Xtime Service Advisor, Xtime Appointment Taker, Xtime ServiceTab Admin, etc.) before the new User record can be saved. The role selected should begin with Xtime or Limited Xtime. See User Roles for more information on the roles that can be assigned.
Any User may be assigned to more than one Role in the Xtime system, but they must be assigned at least one Role to see or do anything within Xtime.
- Select Roles from the Available Roles list on the left by placing a checkmark in the box next to the Role(s). Once you place a checkmark in the box next to the Role, it will automatically display on the right-side of the screen under Assigned Roles.
- Once at least one Role has been selected, click Save.