ESM - Setting Shop Supplies Charge
This article discusses setting up shop supplies charge for dealerships using Electronic Service Menus (ESM).
In addition to the base price of a service, you can also charge for shop supplies. Shop supplies can apply to parts, labor, or both. Shop supplies are based on a percentage on the service's base price. There can be a minimum and maximum dollar amount. You can also choose to add applicable taxes to shop supplies.
To charge for shop supplies:
- Go to Configure > Resources > Services.
- Click on Launch Service Manager.
- In the upper right corner, select Manage Settings.
- Select the Shop Supply Service Charge.
- Click in the % field and enter a percentage charge for shop supplies.
- Add the following information if needed:
- Minimum ($) - Enter a value for the minimum shop supply charge. This means, that at least this amount will be applied to parts/labor for shop supplies.
- Maximum ($) - Enter a value for the maximum shop supply charge. This means that the shop charge will not exceed this amount.
- Apply to Parts - To apply the shop supplies charge to parts, check the box to the left of the word Parts.
- Apply to Labor - To apply the shop supplies charge to labor, check the box to the left of the word Labor.
- Taxes - To add taxes to your shop supplies, check the box to the left of the word Yes.
- Save changes.