ESM - Labor Rate
This article discusses using the Labor Rate for dealerships using Electronic Service Menus (ESM).
The labor rate is the amount a service department charges per hour for performing services and/or repairs.
To set the Labor Rate:
- Go to Configure > Resources > Services.
- Click on Launch Service Manager.
- Select Manage Settings in the top right corner of the screen.
- In the Manage Settings window, under the Defaults tab set the LaborRate.
- Save changes.
Some items to note when using Labor Rate are as follows. These are all found in the ManageSettings window.
- Service Duration Display Units - Minutes or Hours. This is important to know before you start setting the Duration in appointments.
- Minutes - If set, you will want to use whole numbers when setting duration.
- Hours - You will need to use decimals for any increments less than an hour. Keep in mind, every tenth of an hour equals 6 minutes. So, .2 = 12 minutes, .5 = 30 minutes, 1.7 = 1 hour and 42 minutes.
- Shop Supply Service Charge - Under this tab, does the service department apply shop charges to Labor? If so, then this will need to be set.
- Sales Tax - Is the Rate set under this tab? If so, does the dealership want this applied to Labor?
In order for the price for a service to use Labor Rate, the following needs to be verified.
- The service cannot have the Total, A la Carte, or LaborPrice fields set.
- The Duration field has to have a time increment entered based on the Service Duration Display Units.